Empowered girls, empower girls!
A Company of Girls mission is to strengthen and empower girls and their families, and foster community through the arts.
me a place
It lets me
“A Company of Girls provides a comfortable, welcoming space for my daughter to exercise creativity, have great fun, and be herself in a supportive and non-competitive environment. From her very first day, she felt nothing but a sense of belonging and friendship. This is bound to help her grow and learn in so many ways.”
- ACOG Parent
Every day at A Company of Girls we make a difference in a girl’s life by using the arts as a tool to empower, support and encourage her to succeed.
Our programs help shape girls into young women who have the confidence and spirit of inclusiveness to make positive changes in our community and remain resilient to life’s challenges. Our current programming opportunities include our Core Afterschool Program, and our Outreach Programs, each geared to help girls discover, explore, and express their unique and valuable voice.
The ACOG Ingredients:
• Low “youth-to-staff” ratio provides opportunities for positive adult role modeling and mentorship.
• Safe space where girls engage in healthy behaviors, expand their horizons, and build positive ideas of self.
• Strong commitment expectations around participation in order to foster and develop a supportive community of girls, and learn responsibility.
• Arts-based curriculum - shown to have positive outcomes on 21st century skills such as creativity, critical thinking, flexibility, problem solving, initiative, and social skills.
• Goal setting as a way to create aspirations, promote hard work, and feel a sense of accomplishment.
• Performances and exhibitions that build girls’ self-esteem and self-confidence through public recognition and community engagement.
• Opportunities to develop leadership skills and increased comfort with public speaking.
• Exposure to a diverse community of girls, expanding perspectives about the experiences of those around them.
Additionally, for girls in our Core Program, we monitor grades and attendance in order to watch for issues, and step up, when needed as an advocate to help girls stay in school and on track to succeed.